Make-Up & Absences
We understand there are times, especially now, when illness or unavoidable family obligations occur and your child will need to miss their regular swim class. We are excited to offer make-up classes to accommodate these times. Because consistent class attendance is vitally important, we ask that you attempt to limit the make-ups to circumstances involving safety, illness, and unavoidable family obligations.
We developed our program to create the best environment for children to swim by attending one or more regular weekly class. The repetition, consistency and weekly lesson plans enhance the progress of our students. In addition, students are only evaluated in their scheduled class.
Our goal is that we provide you a policy with the flexibility you need for the unavoidable times your child needs to miss class and that you understand the importance of consistency and limit absences whenever possible.
During busy seasons make-up opportunities can be limited and not guaranteed within a certain time period. Your eligible make-ups expire after 6 months. Please be patient with our front office when scheduling your make-ups. Offering a make-up is a courtesy to our families.
How Our free make-up
- Make-up tokens expire after 6 months
- If possible, notify the customer service team about your child’s absence prior to their class through the customer portal
- A makeup token is generated whenever a student has an excused absence marked when attendance is recorded.
- No more than two make-up tokens are offered within a single month and expire after 6 months.
- Schedule your make-up class through your customer portal no more than one week prior to the date you are requesting.
- A missed, scheduled make-up class cannot be rescheduled.
- All unused make-ups expire after 6 months or when you withdraw and are not carried over upon re-enrollment.
- Make-ups have no cash value and are non-transferable.
How to schedule
- Log into the Customer Portal using your email address and password.
- Navigate to MY ACCOUNT and click on the “Makeups” icon for the appropriate student.
- This will bring up a list of all makeup tokens associated with the selected student. You can expand any collapsed area to view more details.
- After following the instructions above, if the student has a token to use, you can click the “Use Makeup Token” button (to automatically create the makeup enrollment in an eligible class) or the “Request” button (to submit a makeup request for staff approval) next to the token details to schedule the makeup lesson.
- On the next screen, the system will search for a list of eligible classes. Note: By default the system looks at classes on the current date; this can be changed by using the date picker to the right of the search box.
- Once you have located the class you wish to request a makeup in, click on the class to complete the enrollment process and redeem the makeup token.
- The makeup will be submitted to the business for staff approval.